Hardly any other game is so eagerly awaited as GTA 6. After GTA 5 2013 has pushed the limits of the feasible further, the successor in terms of scope, game world and realism set new standards again. At this point we collect all the rumors and news around the announcement of Grand Theft Auto 6.
When is GTA 6 coming?
With the official announcement of Red Dead Redemption 2 in October 2016, a possible announcement of GTA 6 has probably once again gone a long way. The Western epic will be released by the end of 2017 and Rockstar Games will certainly use most of its resources on this project. Of course, other Rockstar studios could already work on GTA 6.
Let’s take a look at the release cycle of the previously published GTA parts , then you will notice a pattern. So appeared GTA 3 in 2001 and GTA 4 seven years later in 2008. Five years later, finally, the last part of GTA 5 saw the light of the video game world. For a better illustration, take a look at the following table.
|game||Release date (first publication)|
|GTA 3||October 22, 2001|
|GTA Vice City||October 27, 2002|
|GTA San Andreas||October 26, 2004|
|GTA 4||April 29, 2008|
|GTA 5||September 17, 2013|
|GTA 6||End of 2018/2019?|
GTA 6 for PS4 & XBOX Edition
As you can see, most GTA games have always appeared in the fall, just in time for the Christmas season. If one follows the pattern of five years distance, GTA 6 could appear end of 2018. However, we find this unlikely due to Red Dead Redemption 2. The release of GTA 6 will probably take place at the end of 2018 at the earliest , but probably in 2019 or even 2020 .
Checkout: GTA 6 Characters *Official*
Poll: Which GTA part is the best?
To shorten the waiting time, we want to know from you which GTA part is actually the best. Of course, every player here has a different opinion. My favorite GTA part is still GTA Vice City . The 80s flair of Miami with the great soundtrack was, in my opinion, never again so well captured.
For many players, however, GTA San Andreas is the undisputed number one due to the huge game world and the gameplay possibilities. But let’s not forget GTA 3, which at the time mastered the leap from 2D perspective in GTA 2 to the 3D game world with flying colours. GTA 4 and GTA 5 have finally perfected the gameplay and raised the bar for a forthcoming GTA 6 very high.
GTA 6 has been released! In Brazil … for the PS2 …
What crazy traits the hype surrounding GTA 6 can take can be seen in the fake or bootleg versions of GTA 6 that are currently being distributed in Brazil. So there is now a PlayStation 2 game discovered by GTA 6 , which of course is just a fake. Actress Summer Glau from the Terminator series “The Sarah Connor Chronicles”can be seen on the cover. Soon GTA 6 for PS4 & XBOX Edition is going to release worldwide.
Recommended: GTA 6 Official Trailer *RUMOR*
These badly made fake games are not uncommon, especially in Brazil and Indonesia. At best you will find modifications for GTA in such cases : San Andreas . In the worst case is on the disk another or no game. But it is always funny. The following video from the YouTube channel Vargskelethor Joel introduces you to more cheeky copies of this kind .
GTA 6: Next stop San Diego?
Of course, the biggest mystery surrounding GTA 6, the scene of action is. Rockstar Games has already secured the naming rights for the cities of Tokyo and Bogota in the past, which made speculating fans that the next part is the first time playing outside the US borders.
However, other rumors are against it and many analysts and fans expect a GTA 6, which will play in San Diego . The metropolis with 1.3 million inhabitants in the southwest of California is located near the Mexican border and offers all the prerequisites for a virtual image of a new Grand Theft Auto.
However, there are many more rumors surrounding the location of GTA 6.
- Of many fans, although a GTA: Tokyo is desired, but this is difficult to realize, according to rumors due to the cramped road system of the Japanese capital.
- When Leslie Benzies was still Managing Director at Rockstar North, he also did not rule out the idea of programming a GTA 6 that unites many of the places from the past.
- Other possible venues would be San Fierro or Las Venturas . These places were at the time missing pieces of the puzzle on the map of GTA: San Andreas and offer themselves as possible places of action.
- Dan Houser , co-founder of Rockstar, said in an interview that he does not want to limit the GTA franchise to American culture alone. A GTA 6 outside the American borders would still be possible.
- So it can also come to a GTA: London . However, this would mean a big change for the players, after all, there is left-hand traffic in England and the cars have their steering wheel on the right side.
GTA 6: New Gameplay Innovations Wanted
Hardly any other game series has grown with every part as well as GTA. With each offshoot, the game world grew bigger and you had more opportunities to pass your time in the sandbox game. However, there are still many fans’ wishes to expand the game to add more gameplay mechanics and make it more realistic.
Surveys among players and a lot of rumors about the protagonists give each day the handle in the hand.
- Vehicle categories should be more different. For example, players want supercars to stop climbing mountains or off-road riding the prairie.
- There are also persistent rumors that GTA 6 introduces a female protagonist for the first time . This is to be spoken by actress Eva Mendes.
- Fittingly, Hollywood star and partner of Eva Mendes, Ryan Gosling will take over the role of the male protagonist.
- With the departure of Leslie Benzies, the head of Rockstar for many years, who coined the series from GTA 3 to GTA 5, drastic changes in the gameplay can not be ruled out.
GTA 6: Release and Platforms
The release of GTA 6 is still a long way off and it can be expected that the development, if any, is still at an early stage. So it could well be that GTA 6 on time for the release of the new consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Two appears. As with GTA 5, it could also be offshoots for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One .
However, the financial success of GTA Online speaks against this. The multiplayer part of GTA 5 alone has generated $ 500 million through microtransactions to date. As long as GTA Online is still running well and playing a lot, Rockstar may not see any urgency to develop a GTA 6. Rockstar Games wants to present their next projects in the near future and maybe we’ll see a Red Dead Redemption 2 first before going on with GTA 6.
What do you wish for GTA 6?
Now you are asked! What should your GTA 6 look like? What do you want for a plot and protagonist? What new gameplay mechanics should there be in the Open World adventure? Write us your opinions in the comments!